How to Install a WordPress Theme by Pinguis Website Design
WordPress is required to be setup and running on an active website and server.Locate themes under Appearance
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed.
For more information regarding the installation of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex
Once wordpress is installed, you can upload the theme files and activate the theme. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload
- Using your FTP program, upload the non-zipped theme folder into the /wp-content/ themes/ folder on your server.
- WordPress Upload via broswer
- First, unzip the downloaded zip file. Navigate to Appearance > Add New Themes > Upload. Go to browse, and select the zipped theme folder, called
pinguis website design.zip. Click Install Now and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate your chosen theme.
- Unzip Your theme Download
- Locate the install file inside (i.e. pinguis.zip)
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes
- Click the “Install Themes” tab.
- Click upload, and upload the install file you found earlier.
- Activate the theme.